So tonight marks the tenth night that i have been home, i am sorry that i posted this so late, my internet connectivity has been limited here... but here is my last entry for this time. I have spent much time pondering the significance of "My Argentine life," and i have concluded that though i have been taken out of the church of Choele Choel, the church of Choele Choel can never be taken out of me, and though my "service term" might have ended in Argentina, the service, and the things that i have learned in my Argentine Life will continue here.
Blessings to all,
Jacob
Well the time has certainly “flown” by. I cant believe I am back in the States! Looking back on my time it seems like I only left yesterday, at the same time, it seems like a million years since I've seen my family and friends (in the U.S.) So here I am.
My last months of my time in Argentina were spent traveling, a lot. In June I had trips to Buenos Aires, and then to Valdivia in Chile. My classes ended the twenty seventh of June, with a bye-bye asado for me.
In July I spent the first two weeks preparing all of my things to leave, and cleaning my apartment, along with final visits with friends, and my “other side of the family.” Last week was spent in Asunción, Paraguay at the Mennonite World Conference. That, and the travels to and from Paraguay was an experience in itself.
Sadly my time in Argentina has ended, but the show must go on, as they say. I have learned so many valuable faith and life lessons in Argentina, that I could hardly consider it at all time wasted. It will be interesting to see how my future develops now, but I know my time in Argentina has definitely influenced what paths I take now. Continuing to serve as part of the SIMP partnership and in Arm in Arm are two of the things that I plan on doing, as well as studying business, and Spanish classes part time, if God wills.
I can't wait to see you all, and for those who are in Argentina reading this,
Blessings
Jake
No comments:
Post a Comment